Saturday, August 14, 2010

Twosox: Didn't we already figure this out?

August 11 2010

"Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is... a train coming the other way" Dad. That is how I felt after this mornings play time with Twosox. Just a couple weeks ago Twosox and I had an amazing play time and I thought I had figured out what kind of a partner I need to be, what I needed to do, so that Twosox and I could have fun and progress. Now I feel though that that small light at the end of the tunnel, was just the train coming the other way... and this morning it hit us. 

What was running through my head during this play time was "The better your horse goes backwards and sideways the better he will do everything else" Well I have to admit, going backwards and sideways is probably the hardest things for Twosox to do and I think it is a dominance issue. So that was what I focused on for our play time, or tried to focus on. 

It is hard at times because if I ignore the little things like Twosox backing up slow and not really putting effort into it, or going sideways but his hindquarters are lagging etc all those little I could easily ignore and we could go some really nice stuff and it would look really good but I can't do that. I want to get to the bottom of this, even if it takes me years. I want to figure out what makes Twosox tick! So I am on a mission :)

I guess this post really isn't about what we did but more so what we will be playing with over the next play session and until we get it figure out. One of the main things I want to make sure I do is keep the sessions short and to the point, not getting direct line but just focused.

I will for sure post about our next play time and tell how it goes :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment