Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Prince: Wow!

August 17 2010

Today Prince and I had the most amazing playtime and ride! It was so much fun! 

When we got up to the riding ring we did some Stick to me and played with our canter transitions. We got some really amazing walk-canter, halt-canter, trot-canter, etc etc transitions and all at a phase 1/2!! It was so cool! I know that those are going to make huge difference in our riding.

As I was trying to figure out what we were going to do next I felt that everything we have been playing with is now boring... so I wanted to do something different... but what? So I decided to play with our Figure eights again, I know not exactly different but we needed to play with them anyways. Part way through I decided that theses were not working. Neither Prince or I were not very enthusiastic about doing them. So I decided to try something totally different and see if we could do them at the canter. Guess what?!?! They were way more interesting and Prince cantered THE WHOLE THING!! We did quite a few and Prince just kept cantering. The really cool thing is that Prince was so light! It was incredible. Now that was fun! 

After that I sent Prince over to a barrel and he jumped it no problem. That has progressed along way! It just proved to me again that when I take the time it takes, it does take less time and thing happen! Patience!! We also played with getting out backup's lighter and with more speed and distance. Prince caught on pretty fast and things went well. At the end Prince was putting a lot of effort into backing up! 

Then we rode! We started out with Sideways. That went well for the most part. I still don't think that I am asking right. I think I am doing something wrong so I am going to look up information on sideways and see how I can do it better!

Then we did Follow the rail to the left. We did lots of transitions plus lots of trotting. It was fun. Then I asked Prince to canter. I wasn't sure what to expect considering was only the second time that we have cantered to the left but Prince was fabulous! At first he only cantered a couple steps so I took that and then asked again. This time he cantered a little bit farther. So I gave him a rest and then ask again. This time his departure was beautiful and the canter was so nice!!

After that we went and did some Figure eights. Prince was really responsive to my body and I hardly had to use my carrot stick. Then we did a Weave and then did Follow the rail to the right. I am trying to mix things up a bit so when I asked Prince to canter it is more like "Lets canter now Prince" Instead of "We are going to trot a certain distance and then canter and then stop". So that it is more natural and that way I don't get direct line. (I am not sure if any of that made sense)

Prince did so amazing going to the right. We did a walk to canter transitions and it was at a phase 2!!! Plus Prince cantered over of the riding ring, and to make it even better it was a beautiful, soft, relaxed canter!! It felt amazing!

That was where we ended because my sister and I had to go film some more shots for our movie with Prince in it. So we rode down to the turn around. Prince did really well. We even had a real purpose for ground tying! In one shot we had to have Prince and the bike in the shot and then Krys and I come in, mount up (Krys on the bike and me on Prince) and then ride off. Prince kept wanting to look at me though. But it worked well and he stood perfect still for it. Then we rode home. Prince did really well and hopefully had fun ;)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment