Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Prince: Testing our circles.

August 23 2010

Today kind of started off different. Mom and I went out to play but then it started raining. Neither of us wanted to play in the rain, especially since it has been raining since Saturday and everything is very wet and really rather muddy. So we decided to go back inside and see what it was like in an hour. It was still raining so we just waited. Around 11:00 it cleared up and so I went out. 
While it was raining though I watched some of the Level 4 Freestyle DVD. I hadn't had a chance to watch it since I got it and I really didn't feel that I was ready to watch it but now I feel that both Prince and I are ready, even though we are doing a lot of Level 4 Freestyle tasks already. I have to say, I was not disappointed! It was amazing!! Actually, amazing doesn't even come close. I haven't watched it all yet but I am taking it bit by bit and I really want to get this right. 

So I was very mush inspired to go out and ride but my mom wasn't feeling well so she couldn't come out. That was okay though. Prince and I had a blast playing Online and setting up for some really nice transitions and purity of gait the next time we can ride. 

My older brother helped me fix the riding ring rails that are broken. I was just so tired of seeing them broken ;) So we fixed that and then I played with Prince. We mainly focused on circles. I wanted to test them to really see where they are at and that way I know where to improve. I was really impressed by them to say the least. Prince was amazing! We did tones of transitions. Walk to canter, canter to halt, trot to canter to halt, halt-walk-trot-canter-trot-walk-halt-backup. You name it we probably did it ;)

Our change of directions are getting really good also. They are so light! We many different changes of directions, and at many different speeds and combination. It really got Prince engaged and connected. We both had so much fun!

Then we played at Liberty! Prince stayed with me the whole time and we did jumping, sideways down the fence while I kept my feet still, Touch it, Stick to me, and circles! We didn't get a complete circle but considering it wasn't in a round corral I was pretty impressed. So far we are at somewhere between 1/2 a circle and 3/4 of a circle. Reward the slightest try ;)

Then just to do something fun and different I opened the gate, backed Prince through it and then unhaltered him from part way down the hill. It was a fun way to end and even though Prince could have left he stayed with me even after I unhaltered him! It was so much fun!

Naturally,
~Keri


No comments:

Post a Comment