Sunday, August 8, 2010

Prince: It felt amazing!

August 5 2010

Today I played with and rode Prince again. We had a great play time and ride. We started off with some small stuff. I decided to challenge ourselves and do it from zone 5 with one rein. So we went and did Touch it and then we went over to a tire and, from zone 5 I asked Prince to put one foot in at a time. He did really well and that really got his mind engaged then we did circles which were a huge improvement Prince cantered 3 laps to the right and 2 to the left and was connected! It was wonderful. We also did Falling Leaf, sideways, Weave, and some other stuff. It didn't feel really hot but it was really muggy, enough that Prince was really sweaty. So we stood in the shade for a while and I let him cool off a little, and let his breathing become almost normal again.

Then I got up and rode. We started off with doing transitions. After we got some really nice transitions and I felt that both Prince and I were ready, I asked Prince to canter. My mom video taped me last day and so I was able to watch it and see how I could improve. I realised that when I was asking for the canter I wasn't putting my left shoulder back so I did that and I a couple other things that I didn't do yesterday. It went so much better and Prince went into the canter almost as soon as I asked him! It was really smooth! We cantered almost half of the riding ring (it goes fast when you are cantering!) and the best part was that I felt completely in harmony with Prince. I know I have a long way to go but for our 5 canter, I was really happy! 

Here is a short video of us cantering... I am not sure if I was driving with my seat though. But I was happy with it over all.


Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment