Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ruffian: A better session...

August 19 2010

Ruffian and I had a really good playtime this morning. I am the type of person that is something didn't go well and I know how I could have done better, I just want tot go right back out and fix it. So this morning I played with Ruffian first. The first thing that I noticed was that when I asked Ruffian to disengage his hindquarters he would do it but then go internal, not for long but his head would be high and it was braced. So I just waited and when he started lowering his head and blinking we carried on. I made sure to pay more attention though to how he handled everything else I asked.

Ruffian only tried to get away once and I caught it just as his head was turning. After that though he didn't try again and we did some nice circles, Figure eights, sideways, Touch it, jumping, and Weave. So I was really happy with our play time and at the end Ruffian was asking loads of questions!! I made sure to keep our session short though that way we would end on a good note!
Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment