Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Twosox: We are getting somewhere!

August 17 2010

This morning I played with Twosox first. We didn't go up to the riding ring but just stayed in the corral and played. It didn't take as long for Twosox to come over to me when I asked so that was an improvement. He did really well backing up using the Porcupine, Driving and Yo-yo game. So I was really pleased with that. We just spent some time doing those and then we did some sideways. Twosox did pretty good. Next day I am hoping to play with getting him to go sideways when he was farther away from me. He is okay when he is close to me (until he gets to about 15ft away) and then it falls apart. 
Twosox was pretty calm so I sat on him for a bit. We didn't really do anything other then Lateral Flexions and backing up using one rein. But I was happy with that. 

Tomorrow I might not be able to play with Twosox because I am trimming Knightly and I think I will play with Ruffian because I didn't get to play with him today. But we shall see :)

Naturally,
~Keri

P.S. Just a little update on my job. Things are going well. I am working four days this week. I am so blessed because I can work in the afternoons and so it doesn't interfere with me playing with the horses! Isn't God good!?! Also it looks like I will be able to ride in a Ron Pyne clinic at the end of October because I now have the money too! I am pretty happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment