Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Twosox: Keeping it simple

August 10 2010

Today was perfect! I played with all four horses and rode two of them (Prince and Knightly) and if that wasn't enough I ended the day being an official member of the food industry! Yes, I now have a job!! Whoohoo!!! I am not sure how many shifts it will be per week but today, in about 1/2 an hour to be exact, will be my first day. I am excited. I will be working at a local Chinese restaurant. We have known the owners for some time and they were looking for kitchen help and so I got the job! Kitchen help is just in my line of work, not to many people that I have to come in contact with, I get payed to work with food, and I get to expand my comfort zone and to top it all off the owners are Christians and are very nice people! 

Anyways that was kind of of topic :) 

I played with Twosox first this morning. Mom wasn't quite ready to go out at 6:00 so I decided to play with him before Prince. We had fun. We played with Circles, Touch it and jumping. Just keeping it short and simple. Twosox did well and we played with jumping because for some reason he would get worried as he went up to the barrels. So we took it nice and slow and the first time he offered to jump the barrels so that was cool and the second time I sent him softly but with purpose and he walked up and jumped them. So I was pretty happy with that. 

Then we hung out for a little bit and then we went down into the corral where my mom had come out and was with Knightly. I felt really good being able to play with Twosox first because for some reason it took a lot of pressure of me to have to rush through Prince's playtime so that I could play with another horse before the bugs got bad. It was really nice. I might just have to do that more often :)

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad that you got a job!

    Kerrin
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerrin! I am really enjoying it :)

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete