Sunday, July 25, 2010

Prince: Patterns Day 4, the truth.

July 24 2010

WOW! Prince and I had an amazing play time. This was session for of all three patterns that we have been playing with since Monday. We have done all of them in the past but this week I wanted to concentrate on these three. The Figure eights were beyond amazing. Prince totally blew my socks off!! He was incredible! Coming around the ends he was connected and light, he cantered through the middle and trotted around the ends. I was in neutral the whole time and it was so amazing!!! 

The Weave was really good too. We did it at the trot and I didn`t have to correct Prince once. He just trotted the whole thing and didn`t miss a tire. That was really amazing too. Then there were circles, our third pattern. Prince was incredible! When we started off I noticed that Prince was a little bit disconnected to me so I decided to ask him to walk some circles. That really helped and Prince regained the connection. Then I asked for the trot. Prince did much better and when I asked him to trot faster he maintained the connection. After Prince trotted a couple laps I asked for the canter. He did really well. I only had a bag on the end of my carrot stick so that was different but it was still good. We got some really nice trot to canter transitions then we went back down and played with different gaits. It was fun to test Prince`s connection and it was really neat because he offered 3 laps at the trot about 12ft away from me!! It was really nice! 

After that we played with Changes of directions, something we haven`t done for a while because we needed to get out circles better. So it was a lot of fun to play with those. The first couple were a little messy but then they got really nice! So that was where we ended. We also did some sideways, porcupine games etc and then we played at Liberty! 

Prince had a lot of energy and so he left a couple times. So I decided to play with that and instead of bringing him back to me we played a game. I asked just took his idea and made it my idea. I asked him to canter one lap around the riding ring, not breaking gait and while I stood on the pedestal. At first Prince didn`t really want to, he wanted to change direction, break gait etc (this was after he figured out that the game had become my idea) but pretty soon he got it. Then I brought him in and gave him a rest. Then we did some circles. Which were pretty cool. I am not sure if Prince recognized them as circles but it was still pretty cool. 

Then we did the Weave at the trot and Figure eights. Prince had a little bit harder time with the figure eights. But in the end we got it. After that we did zone 4/5 driving. We did walk/ trot/ stop/ back up, Touch it, and some other little things and then after that we did jumping and straddling the barrels (not from zone 5) Prince did really well. 

Then we just spent about 20minutes undemanding time. Prince stayed with me for 95% of the time and we just hung out. It was a really nice way to end the session :) 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment