Friday, July 30, 2010

Ruffian: Focused energy...

July 29 2010

Ruffian had so much energy today. It was unbelievable! But at the same time he was willing to go slow and learn too. It was pretty cool. We started out with one line zone 5 driving. Ruffian was amazing! We did walk, trot, backup transitions and Ruffian was so in tune with me that I hardly had to use my rope or carrot stick! It was so much fun. 

Then we did Figure eights. This was where Ruffian showed just how much energy he really had.... or at least so I thought ;) He did them well and even though he seemed much more interested in running in circles. At the end he gave me some nice soft Figure eights so that was were we ended those. Then we did circles. These were FUN! At first I tried doing some transitions and such but Ruffian got a little but carried away with himself and so I decided to do Change of directions.... every five seconds. Both of us had a blast and by the end our Change of directions were pretty snappy! Ruffian cantered most of the time and I found out that it takes about 5 seconds for Ruffian to canter about 3/4 of a lap. Interesting ;) 

After all that Ruffian still had a lot of energy but he was more calm. So we went over and I sat on the pedestal and we took a break. Then I un-haltered Ruffian while I was sitting on the pedestal and he stayed with me for the longest time before he slowly walked down the hill. 

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keri
    Enjoying your blog... sounds like you are having a greta time with your horses....
    Vicki (NZ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying my blog :)

    I most definitely am! I love every minute of it!

    Thank you for your comment!

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete