Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ruffian: Energy!

July 15 2010

Ruffian and my play times just keep getting better! As I was just finishing up playing with Prince Ruffian came up to the riding ring and came right over to where mom and I were getting out equipment in order. Prince and Knightly left but Ruffian stayed, and was quite sure that he was going to be played with next. So I decided to play with him. The first thing we did was circles but every time Ruffian got to the barrels I asked him to stop between the barrels and the fence, then after a short rest canter off. We had a lot of fun with this. Ruffian really liked the cantering off part and pretty soon he would canter up to the barrels and I would relax and he would stop. It was fun! 

Then we did some traveling circles, change of directions (we almost of a flying lead change!!),  falling leaf, sideways from zone 1 at 22ft away, pushing the ball, Weave, drawing at the trot and lots of other really fun stuff. At the end Ruffian was asking LOTS of questions and looked like was having a lot of fun. I was too! 

When I took the halter off Ruffian stayed with him and so I scratched him and we hung out for a bit and then he moseyed off down the hill. It was such a fun play time. Ruffian is really coming a long and definitely his LBE self is coming back. I am really glad though because for so long, when he wasn't getting played with a lot,  he became more of a RBI. It was really sad and almost scary how he changed. Hopefully that will never have to happen again :) 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment