Friday, July 30, 2010

Prince: Short and SWEET!

 July 29 2010

This morning it was so nice out. It felt like fall. I was able to play with all three horses. First it was Prince. We had a really good play time. It was short but VERY sweet!! We started off with doing a Weave from zone 5 with one rein. At first Prince didn't seem to know the pattern very well or he was confused so we just kept on doing it until he figured it out. the Falling Leaf pattern [I have learned to do that ;)] and it was incredible! At first Prince wasn't as light on the turns as I would have liked so we kept playing with that until he got lighter and then guess what?!?! Prince cantered to the left about 3/4 of a circle and had the belly of the rope on the ground, plus there wasn't any fence there!! I was shocked!!! He also cantered really nicely to the right!! I couldn't believe it!!


After a long rest we did Figure eights. Prince was great on the one end but not as good on the other end so we kept playing with that until he started coming around nicer. It didn't take long before I was hardly doing anything and Prince was trotting around the ends and cantering through the middle. It was pretty cool!


Then we went down to the corral and hung out there for a bit before I let him go. I was so happy with how the play time went. God gave me the wisdom that I needed and really helped me!


Up next was Ruffian!


Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment