Thursday, July 22, 2010

Twosox: Things are really comming together!

July 21 2010

So this morning before I trimmed Knightly I played with Twosox. Again I kept it short because that seems to be working really well for us. We had a lot of fun and even took a couple things to the next level! To be consistent we did the same patterns. I am falling in love all over again with the patterns!! Our play sessions are so much easier and fun! Today we did the Weave, Figure eights and Circles. Twosox did really well on the Weave. We walked the first side and then trotted the rest. He is so light! Then we did Figure eights. Twosox did so well! It was like he was a totally different horse! Our Figure eights have never been that good! He trotted around the end, cantered through the middle and I was in neutral! It was so cool!

Then we did circles. After checking our walk/trot transitions I asked Twosox to canter. At first he just trotted faster so I took that and then asked again. It didn't take to long before he went into the canter! It was so nice! I think that the hardest thing for Twosox is getting into the canter but once he is cantering he is okay. Interesting. We did it going in both directions and he did well on both. After he cantered a couple strides I would ask him to walk. This really let me know if he was calm, cool and collected after he had cantered or it he was right brain. He was on a little bit of adrenaline but all in all I was pretty pleased.

Twosox stayed with me after I let him go so I scratched him for a while and then went down to the corral. I am really pleased at how well Twosox is coming along recently. It is really amazing. I think it has helped me keeping the sessions short and not being afraid to progress. The difference is amazing!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment