Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ruffian: Getting the mind not just the body.

July 20 2010

Ruffian and I had a great play time and learned a lot too. When we started Ruffian was more interested in running and playing then listening to me. No problem! We can do both! So we did Traveling circles, Falling Leaf, transitions, change of directions, circling at the canter but stopping at the barrel and then cantering off again.

Then after all that we did some Weaving at the trot, Figure eights (which were incredible by the way!!!), jumping a single barrel, straddling, we played with the ball, we did a little bit of zone 5 driving, sideways, and lots of other stuff. Ruffian was so much fun to play with! When I took the halter off Ruffian didn't want to leave so we played at liberty. We did some leading by the chin, which was really cool because that used to be one thing Ruffian did not like. We did a Weave, sideways, Touch it and lots of other things. Ruffian still didn't want to leave though but I had to go. He came followed me around as I got everything put away. He is such a sweet horse! I love him just as much as I do my own horses! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment