Friday, July 2, 2010

Prince: Unbelievable

July 1 2010

After I played with Ruffian I played with Prince. We had an amazing play time... and had a lot of fun! I wasn't sure what to start with seeing as there were a couple things that I wanted to play with but I decided to start with our Figure eights to get Prince connected to me before we did circles. They were even better then yesterdays. Prince was fabulous!

Then we did circles. We hadn't done circles in almost 2 weeks so I wasn't sure how Prince was going to respond. But he blew my socks off and was relaxed, rhythmic and was connected. Going in both directions Prince was marvelous. After that we did some little things. Jumping, sideways etc. Just for fun I picked up all four of Prince's feet from the same side [one at a time of course ;)] As I was doing that I remembered when that used to be something that we couldn't do. Prince didn't trust me enough to let me hold his feet, let a lone from the same side. But now it is something that is so easy. Prince was soft and let me hold his feet no problem. I guess that is one good thing that came from me starting to trim the horses last November.

Then I asked Prince to smell his tail and guess what?? He did it for 10 seconds on both sides with absolutly no problems! He was soft and really light. I shall have to get it on video :) It was really cool! 
The last thing we did was I taught Prince to bend his head when I lightly pinched his neck, a needle simulation. Prince caught on really quickly. It was such an amazing play time from start to finish. I can hardly believe that it is July already. This year has gone so quickly. If the rest of the year is anything like the first half has been, it shall be amazing year. 

Naturally, 
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment