Sunday, July 25, 2010

Twosox: Using the patterns...

July 24 2010

Twosox and I had yet another good play time. Playing with the patterns has really helped me stay interesting and it has been really amazing to see Twosox progress. He is putting more effort into doing them then I have ever seen! It is pretty cool. 

This morning we started out with the Weave. We did it completely at the trot and Twosox did really well. He missed a couple tires but I was sure to catch it on the way back and he did really well on the last one. We also played with some sideways, forequarter and hindquarter yields and then we did Figure eights. Twosox was really amazing! He trotted most of it but cantered a little too and did a really nice job at maintaining gait around the ends. 

Circles are getting there. Twosox had a little bit more go than whoa today so I made sure to especially pay attention to our trot to walk transitions. Then once those were going well we played with some trot to canter transitions. I decided to play around with doing a change of direction and asking Twosox to canter as he went in the other direction. It helped quite a bit and he seemed to have an easier time getting into the canter. It made a difference in our normal trot to canter transitions also. So I shall have to continue playing with that. But it is progressing really nicely. 
After that we went over to the pedestal and I asked Twosox to put his hind feet on it and then back his front feet up onto it. Eventually it will lead to him backing all the way up but I am going to isolate, separate and recombine ;) Twosox did well since we haven't played a lot with it. He got a little bit worried part way through but after a lot of repetition he got it. It really got him interested though! He is asking so many questions! 

I am trying to get a little bit more weight on Twosox. He is a little on the thin side and so I have been making sure to give him his supplements regularly. It really seems to be helping. I am giving Prince and Ruffian theirs too. Not that they need the weight but they get most of the same stuff for digestion and other things. It seem to be making a difference for them all. Plus I get to spent time with them all and that is fun :) 

I hope you all had a great weekend and had a lot of fun with your horses!!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment