Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ruffian: Playing with the horse that shows up... and loving it!

July 10 2010

After I played with Twosox I played with Ruffian. We had an absolute blast! Ruffian was very playful so we played with that. We did falling leaf and Ruffian was doing simple lead changes every time. Then we did circles but I asked him to jump a single barrel each time and not only that but I asked him to canter to the barrel, jump it and then continue cantering after he jumped it. At first he would canter up to it, jump it and then trot afterward but pretty soon he figured it out. He loved it!

Then we did Figure eights and they were really nice! Ruffian cantered most of it and really put effort into it. That was fun too! Then I brought out the ball. Ruffian really likes that ball! He pushed around and followed it. Ruffian was fine with me putting the ball on him so to advance that I started bouncing it on him. He was totally fine with that too! The last time we played he was a little worried about it being on him but today he it didn't even bother him when I started bouncing it. It was really cool! 

When I let Ruffian go he stuck around so we just spent some time together. He is truly a wonderful horse. I just wish I had more time for him! But I guess that every little bit helps and makes a difference :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment