Friday, July 23, 2010

Ruffian: Touch it, Weave and more...

July 22 2010

Ruffian and I had a good play time. There were some cat fighting in the woods by the riding ring, you couldn't see them but you could hear them so that added a little challenge. Ruffian was a little concerned but that wasn't to big of a deal. We did the Weave at the trot, jumping, straddling a barrel, sideways, circles, transitions and Figure eights. The Figure eights were pretty good. Ruffian had a lot of energy and so he wanted to run, run, run and run some more. So I channeled that energy and that was when we did the figure eight. 

Then we did Touch it from 22ft away. I picked some larger things like fence posts, tires on the ground, rocks etc and then we found really small things. We went to the rope is thinner then a savvy string that ties the gate, it was lying on the fence, I asked Ruffian to touch a knot that was tied in another rope by the other gate, lots of little things. He did really well and was really trying near the end.

Then we went over to the fence and hung out there for a bit. When I took the halter off Ruffy stayed with me. Then after a while I went down the hill and Ruffian trotted down part way and stopped beside me! We then went into the corral together. I am certain that Ruffian could have played for hours but my sister and I had to go cut grass before it got to hot. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment