Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Prince: Lightness, speed and distance

April 24 2010

This morning I went out and played with Prince. Yesterday was the Ron Pyne clinic and so I had a lot to think about. Well I had done all my thinking earlier and was now going out to experiment. The main topic of the clinic was lightness, speed and distance... and how to get it.  
The areas that Mr. Pyne showed were yo-yo's, sideways and backing up using the porcupine game. I originally went out to find the horses seeing as they hadn't been in all morning so I didn't have my halter with me only my carrot stick. But when I got out there they horses had just come in. Prince came over to me so I scratched him for a bit and then decided to play at Liberty a little. We had a lot of fun actually and Prince didn't leave once! We did some really fun stuff. We even played around with the stuff that I learned at the clinic. We did some sideways down the fence while me kept my feet still. Prince went sideways about 22ft and was totally connected to me!! It was so cool! Then we did some spins, sideways towards me, yo-yo's, porcupine backing ups and lots of other stuff. Prince did very well but there were some things that I wanted to try that I wanted him to be haltered for so I went and got my halter and ropes. 

We then we went up to the riding ring. Unfortunately the black flies were really bad but we still were able to do some different things. We played with getting our back up faster, porcupine softer and then we did circles! 30 laps to the left with only 4 corrections!!! I was really impressed with how well Prince did. We only got to do one directions because I had swarms of black flies around my head. So we ended after that. It was still really good. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment