Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ruffian: Traveling circles, sideways and more...

April 20 2010

This morning I played with Ruffian. He was lying down when I went out to play so I spent some time sitting with him then he layed right down so I grabbed a hoof pick and picked out his feet. I wanted to check a couple things so I decided there was no better time! After that I brushed him... well I brushed one side on him at least. He was still laying down when I finished that so I haltered him... and then I did some friendly game with the carrot stick and savvy string, even some extreme friendly game! Then I taped Ruffian on the hindquarters a little at first he wasn't sure what to do but as soon as he raised his head a little I stopped and rubbed him then I asked again. Shortly after that he put his front two legs out in front of him so I rubbed him and then I asked again and he actually sat there!! He brought his front to legs up under him and kept his hindquarters on the ground and just stayed there for a couple minutes before getting up all the way! It was really cool!

When we were up in the riding ring we did Traveling circles, which were incredible! Ruffian kept slack in the line and he was really in tune with me. After that we played with the barrel. I asked Ruffy to jump it, go in between it and the fence, and then go sideways over it and then sideways towards me. Ruffy did really well and it was able to think about what I was asking him to do and not feel the need to run.

We ended on a really good note. Ruffy was licked and chewing, yawning and then fell asleep! It was so much fun!!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment