Thursday, April 22, 2010

Twosox: Having LOTS of fun!

April 22 2010

This morning Twosox and I had a blast playing together! It was sooooooo  much fun! I started out by grooming him. Prince and Ruffian stood right beside me the whole time. Prince especially. He wouldn't leave!  Every time I moved he would move also. It was really neat! It is a really wonderful feeling having three horses you love so much be so close to you!

After Twosox was nice and clean we went up to the riding ring. I didn't plan on doing Figure eights but it just kind of happened. Twosox was sooooo light and offered to canter through the middle! We did a couple figure eights and then quit. I didn't want to over do it. Then we did some Traveling circles. Again Twosox was incredible. His trot looked really relaxed and smooth. We went back and forth a couple times and then did some change of directions and then stopped. What is really nice is that Twosox and Ruffian are about at the same stage Online. Each are a little better at certain things but pretty much they are at the same spot. So it makes it easy for me because I can have the same plan for each horse. So the other day when I played with Ruffian I did Traveling circles and played with the barrel, going sideways over it, jumping it etc. So today I had the same plan for Twosox. It works really well!

After we did the Traveling circles we went and played with the barrels. I asked Twosox to jump it, straddle it, go sideways over it, sideways towards me etc. The really cool thing was that when I asked Twosox to straddle the barrel he responded to just my body! It was really good considering we haven't done that in a couple weeks! 

Then Twosox and I just hung out for a while and then we went down to the corral and then I let him go. It was a really good play time all around! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment