Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ruffian: Just playing...

April 6 2010

This morning I played with Ruffian. We had a lot of fun! We did some really small figure eights, Touch it, yo-yo's between the barrels, circles, transitions, change of directions, jumping, straddling the barrel and lots of other stuff. It was so much fun! Ruffy had energy but was really in tune with me. He was willing to go and slow down, we got some really nice drop to trot lead changes on the circle and I was even able to see when Ruffy was cantering right and when he had his leads mixed up. It was really neat. The last thing we did was straddling. I asked Ruffy to jump the barrels a couple times and then straddle it. He got a little bit mixed up but he caught on pretty quickly. Then we went down to the corral, on our way down I drove him from zone 5 all the way into the corral and then I let him go. It was a lot of fun!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment