Saturday, April 10, 2010

Twosox: Circles, straddling and Liberty!

April 10 2010

This morning I played with Twosox. The corral is really mucky now because of the all the rain we had but I was able to catch Twosox with out getting my feet wet! Hooray ;) Before we went up to the riding ring I brushed Twosox. He is still shedding a lot but zone 1,2, and some of 3 are almost complete shed out now. 

We had an interesting play time. We did some Touch it, Sideways, Weave, jumping, straddling, and circles. I am going to start asking Twosox to canter more on the circle. I think that he is ready for that now. It took a while for Twosox to canter more than a couple steps but we got there. At the end Twosox cantered almost a full circle! 

After that we did some jumping/straddling. Twosox did very well. Twosox has learned to straddle the barrels really quickly... so quickly that today I didn't even need to use my rope, he was so in tune with me that when I dropped my life he stopped! It was really cool! Each time he straddled it I asked him to come sideways towards me off the barrels. Each time he got better and better and more confident. 

Then I took his halter off and we played at Liberty for a while. Twosox did very well even though he left twice. He always came back though. We did some Stick to me, jumping, straddling (I can't believe that we actually did that! Twosox was amazing!),  and short range circles (This was the first time that Twosox and I have done that and Twosox did really well. He learned very quickly!).

Here are some pics from our play time...


Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment