Thursday, April 1, 2010

Prince: Preparing for Liberty

 April 1 2010

This afternoon I played with Prince. I didn't ride because it was late and I didn't have enough time but that was okay. We still have a whole lot of fun! Through out our whole play session I was thinking "If we were at Liberty would Prince have left by now?" So that really helped me focus on keeping the belly of the rope on the ground! Prince did really well and I would say about 70% of the time the rope was on the ground so that is pretty good! 

We did some amazing circles. Prince was so connected to me. Our transitions were incredible and our change of directions, even though they aren't perfect yet, are getting better also. We also did some jumping, straddling the barrels, Stick to me (w/t/c plus cantering in straight lines), sideways towards me, figure eights at the walk and trot (Prince kept the belly of the rope on the ground the whole time we were doing the figure eights at the walk! Hooray! Hopefully we will be able to do them at Liberty soon!), and lots of other stuff. Prince was so light and really in tune with me. 

When we were finished I knelt down and took Prince's halter off. He stayed with me for the longest time and then left. We didn't play long but it was a great play time. Prince was interested and in tune with me and we had so much fun! :)

Naturaly,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment