Friday, April 30, 2010

Ruffian: Circles and more.

April 29 2010

This morning I played with Ruffian. We had a lot of fun. I decided to put the bareback pad on him just to see how he would handle it. He was fine with it so that was good. We did a little bit of touch it while we were in the corral and then we went up to the riding ring. On our way up I sent Ruffy on a head and so I was in zone 5 and I drove him up the whole way. He wasn't totally sure about that but pretty soon he caught on.
We didn't do a whole lot while we were up there. The main things were Figure eights and Circles. Ruffy was fantastic at the Figure eights. Considering he used to strongly dislike them. He did a wonderful job though and trotted them beautifully! Then we did circles! Going to the right it took 58 circles with 11 corrections to get half a circle of rhythm, relaxation and connection. Going to the left it took 32 circles with 7 corrections. It was interesting. After that I let Ruffian go and he stayed with me for a while before he moseyed off.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment