Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Prince: Riding circles... a test of my fluidity!

April 12 2010

Yesterday afternoon I was going to saddle Prince up and ride him but Knightly injured himself and so Mom and I had to doctor him so by the time that was done I didn't have time to saddle Prince. That was okay though. I just put the bareback pad on and off we went. I didn't had a good plan as to what I wanted to do with Prince Online and that turned out to be a bigger problem then I thought it would be. Prince and I are really rather bored with what we have been doing and so I needed to think of some new things... and fast. So we did some sideways at a trot, straddling from farther away and some other things. Prince did really well but since wasn't prepared well enough I wasn't the best leader for him. Fortunately he forgave me and next time I will be more prepared. 
We had a very good ride, despite having a rough playtime. We didn't do a whole lot but that was okay. I got a chance to try out my new helmet too! It is really comfy even if it does make my head look small and the helmet huge! Oh well. At least it will keep me safe if I fall. But like the Parelli's say "It is what's in your head that will keep you safe, not what's on your head" That is very true but they are time when accidents happen (like when I fell of of Twosox when he spooked at some rabbits) that even if you are the savviest person out there, you can still get hurt. So anyways... back to our ride ;)

The only thing we really did was circles. Something I have kind of avoided.... don't ask me why I just have. So I decided to do it like the Bullseye pattern and do it around the pedestal. Prince really, really likes standing on the pedestal and so I knew that it would help. Plus when he does really well guess what we get to do?? Go stand on the pedestal. So there is something in it for him. Prince did a lot better then I expected and we trotted two laps each direction. We started out by walking a couple laps first and then went to the trot. Prince did very very well. I was really proud of him! I forced myself to go in both directions even though I am not as confident trotting one way as I am the other but I know that I have to be able to do it both ways and it isn't so uncomfortable as I thought! 

After a long rest I got off Prince and that is where we ended. So we had an okay play time (all my fault I know) and a great ride (because I had a plan) and I will know how to be better prepared for next time! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment