Friday, April 30, 2010

Prince: Figuure eights, circles and more!

April 29 2010

After I played with Ruffian I played with Prince. We had a great playtime and a really good but interesting ride. We started off by doing a little bit at Liberty. We played with speeding up our hindquarter disengagements, forequarter yields, back up's and more. I think I finally found the amount of energy that I need for Prince respond with more speed... it is more then I am used too! We had great success though. 

When we were up in the riding ring we did circles, sideways while I kept my feet still, jumping, straddling the barrel, and lots of other fun stuff! We didn't do 30 circles but we did 20 each way because Prince had rhythm, relaxation and connection plus the black flies were getting bothersome.  Prince did very well though and going tot he right it was only 1 correction and to the left it was 2!! 

For riding we didn't do much. Just Figure eights which were interesting. I really want to get Prince responding to my body more and my reins less so we played with that. I know I am doing something wrong... or not doing something but I am not sure what. My Mom was able to video tape some of our figure eights near the end so I was able to watch it and it actually looks a lot better then it felt! 

Here is a short video... 


Seeing as I was bareback my balance isn't the best yet but it is getting there! I can't believe how much I trotted bareback (I trotted a lot more then is shown in the video)

Until next time...

Naturally,
~Keri


No comments:

Post a Comment