Thursday, April 22, 2010

Prince: Trail ride!

April 20 2010

After I played with Ruffian and helped clean the corral I played with Prince. I decided to bring him out unto the front yard and play there and then get on and ride around. It was a lot of fun! Prince and I did some circles, change of direction, sideways, point to point, yo-yo's and lots more! Then I got on and rode. I let Prince eat for a little while before asking him to do anything. Then I would ask Prince to back up, go sideways, pivot or something like that over to another patch of grass. Prince figured it out really quickly and started putting a lot of effort into what I asked. 

Then I wanted to play with our sideways and getting it straighter. I figured out that is I moved my leg back about 3 inches when Prince's hindquarters were lagging he would catch his hindquarters up! It was really cool! We got some incredible sideways! 

After that I rode up our road to the corner and then back again. Prince did very well and wasn't to bothered by the cars going by.... well car. It was rather a slow day in town. Then my mom, my two little brothers and I (riding Prince) rode up the rode and around the corner. Just around the corner is a bridge with a rather fast flowing river under it. There we hit a threshold. So we did some approach and retreat and soon Prince was able to cross about 1/4 of the way across the bridge! I was so proud of him! I stopped and turned around before we hit another threshold because I wanted to end on a good note. So we rode back home and I got off. Prince did really well consider we have never ridden that far before! It was fun! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment