Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ruffian: Traveling circles and more!

April 13 2010

This morning I played with Ruffian. I decided to play with the same things with Ruffy as I did with Twosox yesterday except I would adapt it to fit a different Horsenailty. So instead of doing the smaller things first and then doing the traveling circles I would do the traveling circles first and then the smaller things once Ruffy had some of his energy out. 

Everything went really well. We had to play around a little in the corral because Ruffy didn't want to go in between me and the fence. So we did some squeezes back and forth until he could walk through it. Then we went up to the riding ring and did our traveling circles first. Ruffy did really well. Since our riding ring isn't very big I had to walk slower and go from end to end a couple times but that was okay. Ruffy seemed to enjoy it and I was able to put different obstacles in his way. 

After that I we did some yo-yo's! I asked Ruffy so back over a pole.... absolutely NO problem what so ever. Then we did some sideways over it and then I asked him to straddle it lengthwise. Ruffy got it almost on the first try! But when I asked him to do it again after a little while he had a little bit more trouble doing it. We didn't play long because I had to go walk the fence we Mom and my sister but we still had fun! Ruffy stayed with me after I let him go and then we went down the hill together. It was definitely a fun playtime.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment