Monday, April 5, 2010

Twosox: Playing with the horse that showed up

April 5 2010
This morning I played with Twosox. It was very gray out and looked like rain but I made up my mind last night that even if it rains all week (which it is supposed to do) I will still get out and play as much as I can. So out I went this morning at 8:30 so play rain or not. Twosox was a little bit unconfident this morning so I played with the horse that showed up and off we went. We didn't go straight up to the riding ring but we stayed in the corral for a while and I brushed Twosox and then we went up. I wanted to do some of the same things that we did last play time because I had a couple days to think about it all and so I wanted to do a better job this time. So we did the Weave first. We did a couple Weaves at the walk and then I asked Twosox to trot and we trotted a couple. Twosox missed the one tire once but other then that it was perfect! 

Then we did some circles. We did lots of transitions. Twosox was looking away a little bit so I wanted to get his mind on me. After we did some walk/trot transitions I asked Twosox to trot faster. I knew that Twosox doesn't like to canter a lot... yet so I just asked for a fast trot and after a lap of trotted faster Twosox broke into the canter! I had a feeling that would work ;) He didn't canter long but that was okay. The transitions really helped Twosox get his mind on the circles and he was really light when we ended. 
After that we did some jumping and then a little bit of straddling. By this time it was raining but it wasn't pouring so I stayed out. Twosox did really well tried so hard! We did a little bit of sideways towards me also. Twosox was so light and did really well with that too. Then we both went down to the corral and we went into the shelter. Twosox is a million times more confident being in there now so that is great! He ate some of the Hoffman's minerals and then I asked him to back out and I let him go. 

This play time was a lot better then our last one that is for sure. Even though Twosox was a little but unconfident he quickly gained it again and he was back to normal :)
Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment