Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prince: Online, Liberty and Freestyle!

April 22 2010

This afternoon I played with and rode Prince. We had a lot of fun playing together. Before we went up to the riding ring we did some porcupine games. Moving the hindquarters, backing up etc. Prince did very well but I realised that I need to bring my energy up if I am going to ask him to go faster.

When we were in the riding ring we did some Falling leaf and then some circles. Prince was incredible! The first could Change of directions weren't the nicest but I persisted with them and finally something clicked and we got some really nice ones. To keep it interesting we did lots of them and in different places. Prince was very interested and we did something like 25 change of directions!! And all except 4 the belly of the rope was on the ground! Hooray!!!

For riding we played with our sideways and circles. While we were riding circles I played around with a couple things. I used my carrot stick at first and then did some with out it. I made sure that I used my body first and then my reins or carrot stick and at first the circles were not very circular but near the end they got soooooo much better and I only had to correct Prince twice while we were trotting the last circle!!

I am really trying to get our sideways straighter and it seems to be working! We are slowing right down and getting it really good. Prince is trying and even though the progress is slow it is steady!

After I rode we played at Liberty for a while. We did close range circles, Stick to me, FIGURE EIGHTS!!!!, sideways, yo-yo's and lots more! It was fun! Oh and at the end we did a spin and Prince did it very well on the first try! It was really cool!

We spent some undemanding time together at the end. What a wonderful way to end! :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment