Friday, May 21, 2010

Prince: Circles and Stick to me!

May 20 1020

 After I played with Twosox I played with Prince. We didn't actually do a whole lot but we still had fun. We started out with Stick to me. Mostly at the canter. We played around with cantering in straight lines... something that is hard for us before Prince can canter way faster then I can run so he ends up getting a head. It was fun though.

Then we did circles! This time we started out to the left. Prince cantered 4 laps no problem. So I brought him in and gave him a rest and then we went to the right. Prince cantered the first 2 laps no problem. While he was cantering around I noticed that his cantered looked really uncoordinated and then I realized that he was cantering on the right lead on his front leg and the left lead on his hind legs... I know that there is some specific term for that but it has been a long day I just can't remember it. Anyways.... just after I noticed that Prince started trotting so I let him trot a couple strides and didn't ask him to canter again because I wanted to see if he would correct it himself. He trotted for a couple strides and picked up the canter again and he cantering probably again. It was so interesting! Plus I was really proud of Prince because he corrected himself! :) After he finished the rest of the 4 laps I brought him in.

I decided that since I didn't have time to ride I would just take Prince over to the fence and ask him to line up like I was going to get on and then just rub him and spend some time there. Prince offered to come over to the fence. What a sweet horse!! I rubbed him and we spent 5-10 minutes just hanging out. Then I let Prince go while I was on the fence but he didn't leave. He stayed there for the longest time before he moseyed off. 

It was a really great play time no doubt!! I am so proud of where all my horses are right now!! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment