Saturday, May 8, 2010

Prince: OH BOY!

May 5 2010

This afternoon was interesting. I wasn't planning on doing a lot with Prince so I decided to just play in the corral. I wanted to play with some things at Liberty so since the corral is smaller I thought that I would do it in there. I haltered Prince and then I set up two markers for Figure eights. It seems to be a reoccurring theme here.... we seem to be having issues with Figure eights Online, Liberty and Freestyle. Hmmm.... how interesting. 

So we played with the Figure eights Online for a bit. I was seeing how well Prince could do the Figure eight and still keeping the slack on the ground. He did okay but there were some things I wanted to play with. So after a while, and trying difference things I took the lead rope off. It didn't go to well. Even though we can do Figure eights Online with the slack on ground as soon as we get to Liberty it is totally lost. I am not sure why. Maybe I will wait until we can do figure eights at the trot with the slack on the ground... and then go to Liberty. Will have to think about that.

After while I got on. Now it probably wasn't the best idea but anyhow that is in the past now. While we were riding we did sideways, direct and indirect rein, point to point and some other things. It wasn't as easy as that though. I wasn't sure if Prince was confused or if he was just making assumptions. But either way we had to play with it. Prince wasn't listening to my body and so when I applied pressure with my leg he would either go sideways or move his forequarters over. Normally it was the opposite of what I wanted.

Eventually I decided to go up into the riding ring so we rode up there... bareback too! That was probably the best part of out ride, riding up the hill! That is always fun! Once we were up in the riding ring we did some Figure eights. I got frustrated because I ran out of arrows in my quiver and I took it out on Prince. I didn't beat him up or yell at him or anything like that but I know he felt my frustration and I know that I wasn't always fair. So after a lot of Figure eights I finally got one that I was okay with and we ended there. I feel really bad for Prince. Looking back he put up with a lot! Sometimes I think I take for granted what Prince gives me! The whole time did try but I wasn't asking right and it wasn't his fault. Anyways... it is all over now and we can improve from here! :)

Naturally,
~Keri 

No comments:

Post a Comment