Thursday, May 6, 2010

Prince: Having fun!

May 4 2010

This morning I played with and rode Prince. It was a lot of fun. I actually saddled him too! That was a huge blessing considering it is bug season. I am so thankful that God provided a wonderful day! Prince and I played in the corral for a bit before we went up to the riding ring. We did some sideways, backing into the shelter and some other things with the shelter, close range circles at the walk, and some other fun things!
Then we went up to the riding ring. Prince was already so connected to me so we didn't play long before I rode. We did some circles, not 30 laps each way but just some circles at the canter. Prince cantered about 4 laps and broke gait 3 times. But that was okay it was pretty good considering we haven't done that for a while. Then we went over to a barrel and and I asked Prince to come to me, jump the barrel and then back up to it. It took a couple tries but finally Prince did a beautiful one! It was so cool! He jumped the barrel perfectly came to me then I asked him to back up to the barrel, which he did, he backed right up to it and didn't have any problems touching it too! 

Then I got up and rode. I haven't ridden in a saddle for a while so it was a little weird being able to actually do a rising trot instead of just sitting one all the time. It did help though. We did Figure eights at the walk and trot, sideways with a fence, with out a fence, over barrels and lots more! Prince was so light and responsive! It was wonderful! We ended with 3 laps around the riding ring doing Follow the rail. The really cool things was that Prince was trotting really fast and I was able to ride it and was 100% confident! Plus I had a carrot stick so that is even more challenging for me.... well it was. It is getting a lot better! 

It was such a good play time and ride! God is so good! I really didn't think that I would be able to ride much this month because of the black flies and bugs but it was beautiful out today and there was enough of a wind to keep the bugs tolerable! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment