Monday, May 17, 2010

Twosox: Online and Freestyle.

May 17 2010

After I played with Prince I played with Twosox. Twosox came over to me and followed me over to the gate at Liberty then I haltered him and brushed him. The bugs were starting to get bad so I decided to try putting some fly spray on Twosox. I wasn't sure how he was going to handle it because the last time I put fly spray on Twosox he didn't like it. So I started off slow but Twosox was perfectly fine with it!!! He stood there totally relaxed while I sprayed him all over with it. After that I saddled up. Twosox is so much taller then Prince! It takes a lot more strength to get that saddle up there :) It is worth it though ;)

Then we went up to the riding ring. Twosox and I did circles, sideways, jumping, touch it, change of directions and lots of other fun stuff! We did 30 laps to the left but it was getting warm and I wanted to make sure to leave time for Ruffian. Twosox did 30 laps and had 7 corrections but some of those were kind of my fault. Plus we haven't done them in a while so it was pretty good.

After that I rode Twosox. He did so well! We did Sideways, Follow the Rail, Transitions, direct and indirect rein and 9 step back ups. Just some simple things. It was really nice riding Twosox in my saddle again. His trot is really nice and I can sit it 90% of the time. While we were doing follow the rail there were some things that I needed to fix, there were some spots that Twosox would really got far from the fence so we fixed those and then went back up to the trot. It was so cool because there was a couple times that I was able to put Twosox back on the fence and he still maintained gait at the trot!! It was really great!

Sideways was a little bit of a challenge but we got it in the end. When we were doing 9 step back ups Twosox would put his head up and brace while he was backing up. I played around with some different things and found that I needed to have more feel in my hands. I guess I was being a little bit ridged and Twosox was telling me that ;) I love the fact that horses never lie! Twosox did really well the whole time. I am really enjoying riding him because he is teaching me so much but also because I get to teach him! Parelli Principle #7!! Horses teach humans and humans teach horses!

After I got off I let Twosox out onto the side strip to each while I went and played with Ruffian!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment