Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Prince: Sideways, circles and Liberty

May 3 2010

This morning after we cleaned the corral I played with Prince. We have a great Online session and a pretty good Liberty session. Online we did Sideways down the fence while I kept my feet still at the walk and trot. We also did one line zone 5 driving which was really fun. At first we went along the fence because I wanted to get farther behind Prince. That we really well and at the end I was 22ft behind Prince and we were doing lots of really soft transitions!! It was really cool! 

After that we did our circles. 30 laps each way. Going to the left I didn't have to correct Prince and going to the right it was one correction. After our circles we played at Liberty for a little while. Prince left a couple times but he would come back. Prince will stay with me if we do close range stuff but as soon as I ask him to do something like Figure eights he leaves. This time Mom was able to help and not let Prince go onto the other side of the riding ring. That was a huge help! We actually got some REALLY nice figure eights and Prince even trotted some parts! It was really cool! After a long rest I asked Prince to do a couple more figure eights. He left a couple more times but at the end we got a even better figure eight! We ended there. It was great to be able to actually play at Liberty and not just do close range things. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment