Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ruffian: Online and Liberty!

May 10 2010

After I had finished playing with Prince I played with Ruffian. He came over to me just as I was finishing so I decided to play. We had a BLAST!!!!! played by the fallen down tree and I asked Ruffian to jump over it and go sideways a long it and some other things then we went down to where there was an even deeper puddle of water.... well it was more then a puddle, more like a pond! It was up to Ruffian knees! He had so much fun in the water though. He was splashing and he loved trotting right through the deepest parts! Then we did some sideways and I backed him into the water. Ruffian totally loves water!! 

Then we went back towards the turn around. We ran all the way back I sent Ruffy up huge hills and down again and lots of other fun stuff then we went over to the logs and Ruffian FLEW over them. He is so athletic! We also did some circles, change of directions and transitions then we went into the round corral and did some Liberty! It was so fun! Ruffian got a little bit worried when I asked him to circle. I think I but a little bit to much pressure on him when I sent him so we took it slowly and he gained confidence quickly. Before we did the circles we did some stick to me, yo-yo's, sideways, jumping and lots of other stuff. We were by the big log and I hadn't planned on asking Ruffy to jump it but I decided to try and Ruffian jumped right over it and then turned and faced me. It was really fun! 

I got to thinking about how Ruffian has progressed over the last couple months and it is amazing the difference. He is soooo willing to try what ever you ask him to do. He loves to play but he also loves to just stand still and have you rub his head. If I ask him to do something small like move over or lead by the chin he doesn't resist and then do it he softly responds. It is really amazing. Even our Liberty as improved! Of course we have a long way to go but the amount that Ruffian has progressed it.... well incredible! The best part is that we are both having so much fun every time we play! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment