Friday, May 21, 2010

Ruffian: Jumping and zone 5 driving.

May 21 2010

This morning before my mom and I went out for the day I played with Ruffian. We had a lot of fun and I am really impressed at how well Ruffian did! We did zone 5 driving with one rein up the hill and into the riding ring then we continued on and played with that. At first Ruffian wasn't confident enough to put me directly in zone 5 so we walked a long the fence and he kind of went sideways for a bit and then as soon as he put me in zone 5 we stopped and I just rubbed him. Then after a couple minutes we would continue on. We did this going both ways and by the end Ruffian could walk confidently with me in zone 5. While we were doing this it crossed my mind at how much Ruffian has changed over the last couple months because before I would have had to let Ruffian move his feet before he would have been able to concentrate on me and what I was asking on him but now he doesn't always have to move his feet before I can teach him something new. It is so cool!
After that I asked Ruffy to jump the barrels that were standing up. It took a couple tires but after the third try he did it. He flew right over them!! He is incredible! Then Ruffian I just hung out for a while. I scratched some itchy spots and rubbed his head, which he loves!!  Then I let him go and we ended up playing at Liberty for a little bit. We did Stick to me, sideways, jumping, Touch it and lots of other fun stuff and all with the gate open!! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment