Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prince: Online and Freestyle fun!

May 25 2010

This morning I went out and played with Prince. Again I was up early so that I could play before the bugs got bad. I saddled up and then we played in the corral for a little bit. We did things like Touch it, sideways, and some other things and then off we went! Once we were in the riding ring we did Figure eights, jumping a single barrel, circles at the canter Prince did 4 to the right and 5 to the left, well actually more than that to the left but Prince kept breaking gait at a certain spot so I we kept going until he cantered a couple good ones.

Then we rode! We did some Follow the rail to warm up first. It was a lot of fun because I would throw some indirect and direct rein in and lots of other fun stuff to keep it interesting. At first Prince wanted to trot, but I wanted to walk so we stuck with it until Prince could walk everything and then I asked him to trot and we trotted a couple rounds with out any changes of directions or anything. It was really nice! I think I finally got the sitting trot down on Prince's normal trot, which is pretty fast. Doing a lot to BB riding has really helped but now sometimes I forget that I can actually do a rising trot when the trot gets to fast... ;) Then we did Figure eights! It took a while before I got what I was looking for in the Figure eights. Prince again wanted to trot so I took it at first but then realised that it wasn't getting us any where. So we went to the walk and did it there. Prince did very well and he really started responding to me and I didn't have to use my reins nearly as much! At the beginning when Prince was trotting I was really surprised at how well I was able to actually ride it and do everything else... multi-tasking! ;)

Then we did Point to point. At first it was a little messy because I was trying to find exactly what I needed to do to help Prince but not be to big. So we played around with it. Finally I got it figured out and it was great! We got some really nice, straight point to point. Nearer the end I felt that Prince was starting to lean on my leg a little bit so I grabbed my carrot stick again and that way I could support what I was asking with out getting harder with my leg. The bugs were just starting to get bad so we ended. It was really a nice ride and play time. :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment