Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ruffian: Online and Freestyle again!!

May 18 2010

After I played with Prince and Twosox I played with Ruffian. I wasn't going to saddle him but then I decided to because the saddle was there and it wouldn't hurt. It took less than 2 minutes to saddle Ruffian. He stood there perfectly fine and was a true gentleman! 
Then we went and played! We did some circles, change of directions, transitions, sideways, yo-yo's, and lots of ther things. One thing we did was I set two barrels up side by side so that they were double the width and asked Ruffian to jump them. He walked up the first time and jumped right over them like it was nothing more then a single barrel. It was really cool! I asked him to do it one more time but trotting up to it. No problem and no buck! 
So then I got on. Ruffian had to problem with that. We sat still for a while then I decided to try walking a long the rail to the other side of the arena where it is sandier.... not a good idea. I knew that there was a chance that Ruffian might roll and he did. Saddle and all. Fortunately everything was okay, Ruffian, my saddle, me, and my confidence. Nothing broken. I asked Ruffian to get back up and I fixed my saddle, dusted it off and back on I got. We did how ever go to the other side of the riding ring where it isn't as sandy. The rest of our ride was wonderful! I still can't get over how light Ruffian is and how willing he is to try! We did follow the rail, direct, in direct rein and 9 step back. Ruffian was soooo light on our 9 step back up! We went back something like 7 or 8 steps and he put effort and speed into it!! He is so fun to ride! If we can get past this rolling thing he shall be a really amazing riding horse, not that he isn't now... as long as you stay away from the sand ;) 

Ruffian didn't leave when I let him go. He stayed around and checked everything out again. When I got down to the corral and was just about to leave all three horses came over to the game and watched me leave. It was sweet! Just before I went into the garage I looked and Prince was still at the gate watching me. It was so sweet but at the same time it was hard to walk away while all three horses are watching you! :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment