Monday, May 17, 2010

Ruffian: Online and Freestyle!!

May 17 2010

After I played with Twosox I played with Ruffian. I brushed him and then we went up to the riding ring. I saddled him up there and then we were off!! We did Stick to me, circles, change of directions, sideways, jumping, touch it and lots of other stuff. Ruffian did really well and was asking loads of questions!! It was so much fun! 

When I felt that Ruffian was ready to ride I got on. I checked our lateral flexions first then we stood still for a while. Then we did Follow the rail! I was sooooo proud of Ruffy! He did so well! I was very impressed at how well he followed the rail and even though he stopped a couple times he did very well. We then did some direct and in direct rein. Ruffy was pivoting perfectly! He would pivot right around when I asked him for a direct rein and when I asked him to do an in direct rein I didn't need to support him or anything he was amazing! I actually couldn't believe how light Ruffian was! 

After that we stopped on the rail and after a rest I got off. Ruffian had a big lick and chew a little late. I wanted to make sure to end on a really good note considering it was Ruffian first ride in a saddle in over a year and I haven't ridden him in a while. It was a lot of fun though.
Here are some pics... 



Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment