Thursday, May 20, 2010

Twosox: Yo-yo's and circles

May 20 2010

This morning I played with Twosox first. We basically did Yo-yo's and circles. We played with getting Twosox to back up faster. We backed up the hill, which really impressed me! Then we played in the riding ring. At first Twosox wouldn't only go faster when I went up my phases so we took the time it took and finally he started putting effort into backing up faster at a lighter phase.

Then we played with circles! I want to start getting Twosox to canter more on the circle so I started by asking him to trot really fast. After he could do that I asked him to canter, he would canter a couple strides and then start trotting again. So we played with that for a while. Slowly Twosox started cantering more and more and we ended when he cantered 3/4 of a circle twice!! Hopefully we will be able to build on that over the next couple play times.

I then let Twosox out on to the side section of grass to graze. I was really proud of Twosox because I had to leave him up there to go get Prince and so I wasn't sure how he would handle that. I left the gate open so that he could leave if he wanted to. He started to leave when I left but then decided to stay. He was happy to see Prince and myself when we came back though! 

It is really interesting because ever since I have helped Twosox gain more confidence in areas like the shelter and such he has gotten three big scrape marks on his face :(  He has gotten so confident that he gets himself into tight places. Poor guy. Fortunately his forelock covers most of them so the bugs won't get in them. I am glad though that the Twosox will now go into the shelter by himself because with the bugs being really bad at least he will get some relief! 
Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment