Saturday, May 8, 2010

Prince: Online and Freestyle

May 7 2010

After I played with Twosox I played with Prince. We had a GREAT play time and ride. For the first little while I didn't even halter Prince. We just spent some time hanging out together. Then I haltered Prince from my knees. He did very well and kept his head nice and low for me. It was great! Then we did once figure eight. Just one... and it was probably the best Figure eight I have ever gotten!! I didn't use the rope once the whole time, Prince was just so in tune with my body that he listened so well and it was wonderful!!!! I couldn't believe it!! We did a little bit of stick to me. Prince was really in tune with me. We got to the point where I would take one step forward and then one step back and Prince would stay totally with me! It was cool! Then we did some sideways, hindquarter and forequarter yields using the porcupine game. Prince did very well at responding to my body and and recognizing where my focus was etc.

After that I got on and rode. We started out by doing basic direct rein. I made everything very clear and followed through my phases when it was necessary. Prince did very well. After we did some of those we did some indirect rein. I am trying to use my reins a little as possible. The indirect rein was harder then the direct rein but Prince caught on after a while. Then I decided to test it out and see if I could turn Prince as we were walking and not using my reins or carrot stick. The first one was incredible!! I didn't have to use my reins or anything! It was really cool! Since the corral was kind of small it was a hard to go anywhere but we made do with it. I didn't want to go up to the riding ring because Mom said that the black flies were really bad up there.

Then we did some Figure eights at the walk. They weren't perfect but I could tell that they are going to be getting better. After that we went just outside the corral and did some circles around some big rocks. It was really interesting. At first I was making the circles to small so part way through we started riding bigger circles and that really helped. Prince did VERY well and at the end I was only making about 3 corrections! It was so cool!!

After I got off I just spent some time scratching Prince. He was SO itchy!! It was a great place to end :) Prince followed me around for a long time he really wanted to be with me! It was really neat.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment